THINGS TO DO, WATCH AND READ WHILST IN LOCKDOWN

by - Wednesday, May 27, 2020


Things to do, watch and read whilst you are on lockdown! 

So we all know that the world is currently on lockdown, well the UK is and although it really sucks and I would love to be back in portsmouth with my friends going out, working, and living the life I love to live. But right now that is not possible and it is very easy to get bored quickly, but I am here to try and help you out with things you can do, watch and maybe read in order to keep yourself busy through all this! 

There are several ways to stay busy, set a goal list is a big thing that will help you get through this sturggling and uncertain time. It will help you acheive things you want to get done. 

My plans for this time we are on lockdown include trying to get my university work done, i have a lot ot do including write my dissertation which is the biggest piece of work I have had to do alongside my other pieces of university work. It's a stressful time, but it does give me something to focus on even with no motivation.  Spoiler because I started writing this a long time ago, i got my work done.

Another thing I did was purchase a ninetendo switch, it was something I needed in order to keep myself busy and motivated and occupied during this time. I am obsessed with Animal Crossing and who wouldn't be? Mario Kart is also a fun game I have always loved that keeps me busy. You should always find things that you enjoy to keep you busy when you're stuck inside. 

Being busy was always something I felt I needed to do in order to stop feeling lost or not myself. In these situations its easy to get lost in the mess of the world. So instead of getting lsot, try to stay calm and busy. I have made a goal to read a book during this time, I used to love getting lost in a book, a good story but somewhere over the few years, I have spent way to much time getting lost in over things and now I want to get back into reading. 


I brought two new books for this period because stupid me left my favourite books in Portsmouth and all the books I had at home I decided I didn't want when my parents redid my room before Christmas. I have yet to read them but I have started reading Queenie and honestly it is good so far. If you have wanted to get back into reading like I have then now is the perfect time. 

Another thing I have been trying to do whilst being in lockdown to stay busy and keep my mind occupied when I am not filming videos and editing is be more creative. Which is why scrapbooking my uni experience has become a great thing, I started this back in January time but didn't have much time to continue until now. Amazon do some nice simple scrapbooks and Free Prints give you monthly free prints where all you have to pay is postage and it is definitely worth it. 


This is a scary and weird time and if I am honest with you, I am not sure how much I am enjoying this "alone" time. But it is what we have to do to stay safe and for things to get better. I am very much excited for things to eventually go back to some sort of normality. When seeing friends is allowed and I can go back to work. 
I hope you enjoy my blog because I am very excited to be blogging for everyone! if you do, i would love if you followed my socials which can be found below.



You May Also Like

0 comments