UNIVERSITY OF PORTSMOUTH SHOW CHOIR SOCIETY - WHAT IT MEANS TO ME

by - Tuesday, March 19, 2019


As most of you know from me talking about it in my first year of university experience blog post, that I am a part of the university of portsmouth show choir society. It is one of my favourite things to do and I literally look forward to it everyweek and I just feel like I fit in there and people actually appreciate me there and we all like the same things. I have been a part of the show choir society for the past year and a half, it's definitely helped my confidence a lot. 

Lets take it back to the reason why I wanted to join show choir, if you have heard of the TV Series Glee, I was obsessed with that show and I always wanted to be like Rachel Berry. So when I heard there was a show choir society at the Freshers Fayer, I went to ask them questions before I had decided I would consider joining. I will be honest when I had originally joined show choir I barely showed up because I felt very nervous  and felt like I didn't want to speak to anyone. 

After I decided to give up being nervous, and I decided that I would go all the time, I started speaking to others in the society and it became more of a thing I enjoyed and looked forward to every week. It was a place where I just felt like I could be 100% myself and no one would judge me and they would accept me for me. 

Something that show choir really has done has helped my confidence so much, I was always a shy person and i hated singing in front of people and would never just be myself, as I joined show choir, I saw that changing. For example, I would never audition for solos in shows, and we did a winter show case this year just gone and they held auditions for solists to do a whole song during the concert and I decided to go for an audition, didn't expect much from it, but I went for it, in order to try and boost confidence but thought I even messed up my audition with nerves. A week later we had a bowling social and I got told that I got given a solo and I was honestly so shocked, never expected it in the slightest. 
(practicing my solo before the show with my girls, Fabrizia and Tania.)

I also auditioned to be part of the Masters competition they are holding on the 24th March this year which is a week away. I originally didn't get into the competition squad and then I did and when I did I wasn't going to say no, this was the biggest thing for me and honestly something that means so much to me that I am getting excited but very nervous for this competition but it is definitely something that means the world to me and is important to me. I even got my own hoodie for the competition and they are really cool. 

When you see this, there is 5 days till the show and we got a photo as a group of the masters squad on saturday. 

I hope you enjoy my blog because I am very excited to be blogging for everyone! if you do, i would love if you followed my socials which can be found below.





You May Also Like

0 comments