HEATHERS – THE MUSICAL & THE NETFLIX REBOOT

by - Friday, March 08, 2019


So for my first official post I thought I would talk about something I have been obsessed with for as long as possible, well the last few years, THE HEATHERS, mainly the musical because I LOVE MUSICALS and also the new heathers reboot (which i am aware most people didn’t like but if you read this you will understand why I like it so much.)

Heathers The Musical

“Can we be seventeen? That’s all I want to do, if you could let me in.”
Let’s start with the musical because I am seriously obsessed with this and can’t help but be obsessed with it and haven’t seen it live, I have seen a drama school version of it on youtube which is actually really good but the soundtrack is by far my favourite thing which made me love the musical even more.
If you didn’t know, Heathers the musical is based off of the 80’s film of Heathers with the characters of Heather Chandler, Heather McNamara, Heather Duke, JD and Veronica Sawyer. As my housemate likes to describe it, it’s mean girls but suicide and death. It’s a very interesting story with bascially the heathers being the mean girls and Veronica joins them and then meets JD and soon falls for him. And then leads to death and drama.
The musical is filled with some amazing songs including seventeen, beautiful, candy store, meant to be yours, freeze your brain, dead girl walking and the new one from the London Cast Recording I Say No! You have no idea how excited I am for the London Cast Recording comes out. I mean by the time you end up reading this, it might already be out.


carrie hope fletcher, barrett wilbert weed as veronica sawyer, ryan mccarten, jamie muscato as JD

Now lets talk about the main actors, the ones who play JD and Veronica as they are the only ones I actually feel like I could talk about even though they aren’t the heathers, but they are the main two of the show. Both the American and British casting was perfect and I honest love both Barrett Wilbert Weeds and Carrie Hopes Fletchers, Veronica from the clips I have seen on Youtube as they both embody the character and really get into the characters so well that makes you fall in love with the character alongside both Ryan Mccarten and Jamie Muscato who both embody the psychopathic side of JD. Which was even better was the chemistry between Ryan Mccarten and Barrett Wilbert Reed and Carrie Hope Fletcher and Jamie Muscato’s, Veronica and JD was perfect and they really picked the right actors to play the characters.



HEATHERS NETFLIX REBOOT

“you had me from the moment i saw rams lifeless body….”
The heathers netflix reboot is nothing like the original film and is nothing like The Heathers you would think it would be like. Actually unlike the movie and musical when Veronica isn’t really about killing people and isn’t psycopathic, in the reboot, Veronica was much more of a psychopath and is all in for killing people. The three heathers are very different to the original ones, Heather Chandler is a lot less bitchy then the Heather Chandler we know from the 80s movie. Heather Duke is a gay guy which in the eyes of me and my housemate, it’s actually the best thing, he is our favourite character. And the complete difference of this show is that in the film and musical Heather Chandler is the only heather to die and in the show she’s the only one to survive.


veronica sawyer, heather chandler, heather duke and heather mcnamara

You would think because this show doesn’t stick to the original that I wouldn’t like it but I actually loved it, even though it was nothing like the original, it really makes a statement and I honestly love it so much and see it as it’s own original. I definitely recommend watching it even though it has been taken off netflix.
I hope you enjoy my blog because I am very excited to be blogging for everyone! if you do, i would love if you followed my socials which can be found below.

You May Also Like

0 comments