My Top Ten Make Up Picks Summer 2015

by - Wednesday, July 15, 2015

So Last summer I brought a ton of make up mainly from the drugstore and oops I spent a lot of money but it was worth it. Over the year for college especially I never have a chance to put make up on as I am always in a rush. When summer comes I have a lot more time and I will put make up on if I am going out. So I am going to Write about my top ten drugstore make up picks for this summer. So let's get this started. 


I have had several powders over the last few years, I have been trying make up from the age of 14 and I have definitely had my times where I would love make up and hate it, but now I don't. Anyway, I have never found a powder that I have loved until I found the Rimmel Stay Matte Powder, I have found that this powder has been really good as it holds all my make up in place and especially after I have put concealer on, I don't wear foundation so I don't need it to set that, I just need it to set the concealer but it does it really well and for a price of £3.99, although I think it was more when I brought it like a pound more but still for that price it is a really decent drugstore powder and I really recommend it to people who haven't tried it yet. 









I haven't tried many primers apart from a sample from M.A.C and this one and I have found this one is really good and is definitely a good base before I put any of my make up on and would be good for before you put any foundation on. 












I'm not sure if you class Topshop as drugstore but I think it is, so I have tried loads of popular bronzers and none of them have made me as happy as this bronzer has, it is really good for the summer and brings out that tanned look you want and you don't have to put too much on the brush, a small amount will do you great.












So I do have both the Rose Gold as well as the pomegranate one, but I think the pomegranate one would be my favourite because I feel like it's a bit more of a colourful blusher. I will say both of them are highly pigmented and I just love the how it makes my cheeks look especially in the summer. 













If you saw my mascara draw in my make up draws, then you would know I have about 30 mascara's and I love about 20 of them and it was hard to whittle it down to one, I have so many favourites. So the one I chose is the Rocket Mascara by Maybelline, it is a fantastic mascara and gives you great volume and I find it really great and I love using it on a daily basis, it's the one thing I do remember to put on each morning. 













Last Summer as I was doing my make up shopping I fell across these eye shadows and as soon as I started using them I fell in love, I have 3 but I have used 2 of them the most and they are the Pink Gold and On and On Bronze ones and I think they are both highly pigmented and they are basically like a primer as they are cream eye shadows and they stay on for nearly a whole day unless I do something stupid like rub my eyes, the majority of the time I won't use any other eye shadow on top if it is just for a normal day, if I was going on a special occasion then I will use other eye shadow. 












I have had this eye shadow palette for about a year and half now, it was one of my first eye shadow palettes and I have loved it, each of the colors are highly pigmented and they are very good for all color eyes in my opinion and they are easily blend-able. 













I was never able to use eyeliner for a very long time until I got this eyeliner, I think it is very good for people who have never used eyeliner before and it is definitely long lasting and is very easy to draw that cat eye if that's what you want. 







As soon as Tanya's lip glosses came out I went straight to buy one and me and lip gloss don't go well as I am always moaning that they don't last long and I am reapplying within half an hour. With these ones I have noticed that they last longer I'm not saying they last all day but they last longer then a lot of lip gloss. They are also very pigmented and all of them are great colors but the two I love are Exotic Island and Let's Travel the World. 






So I love the Kate Moss 05 Lipstick from Rimmel London, the color is a nice pink and it is really pigmented and I wear a lot of stuff that goes with it and it's really good and since I have lost my shade 22 which is a bright red, I have been using this shade and I have loved it. 













So these are my top ten make up picks for the summer 2015, I hope you enjoyed this post, that is it for this post my lovelies. Feel free to leave a comment.  


You can follow my social media links here:

Instagram - @_ameliajl
Twitter - @omgamelia07
Bloglovin - Follow

You May Also Like

5 comments

  1. Amazing post dear!

    www.bloglovin.com/blogs/printed-sea-3880191

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does the Kate Moss 05 long lasting? I usually go for deeps reds like 105 and i'm continuously reapplying after eating and it drives me insane.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I wouldn't say it's the longest lasting but it lasts a while but yeah it doesn't last after eating. If you are looking for a lasting lipstick then the borjouis lip glosses that dry up to a lipstick last longer, and if you apply lip balm before hand it should last longer. Hope that helps x sorry i couldn't spell it right.

      Delete