How to Live a Single and Happy life

by - Tuesday, March 27, 2018



So first off welcome back to my blog, I am very happy to be writing again and excited to announce here as i haven't done so here yet unlike I have on Twitter and Instagram. But after long decisions, I have finally started a YouTube channel which you can find here. Would love it if you checked it out and maybe subscribed. 

So for this post I have decided to write something I have been wanting to right for ages and this really is for me mainly but for other people out there who felt the same as me about being single when seeing others happy in a relationship, then maybe this will help you. 

Recently, well when I say recently I mean more like for the past couple of years or so, I have felt lonely, felt like I need a guy in my life, I need to be in a relationship, I shouldn't be single. Then I always asked myself how comes I am single? What's wrong with me? Am I ugly? Am I boring? Why is everyone else around me getting in relationships but I'm not? And honestly it really disheartened me for such a long time. 

It took me a long time to believe that I could be single and being single is great, but then I realised, I'm only 22, I don't need to be in a relationship, I just need to be myself, be independent and be happy to be single because honestly you only get one shot at your twenties, might as well make the most of them and if you're spending all your time hung up over the fact that you're single then you're not going to make the most of them, instead you're just going to spend all your time wishing for something that won't come along. 

I know it's a cringey and old time saying, but I believe that it's true, the fact that when you're not looking and not waiting, someone will eventually come along, when you're ready. If you're lucky you might meet them when you're in early twenties, in your teens but sometimes you just might meet them in your late twenties or early thirties, and you know what, that's okay. 

Now I know it's tough seeing your friends in a relationship and cuddling up, even seeing anyone walking hand in hand together and you can sometimes think I just wish for that. But there is always time for it, the more you go looking for it, you could find the wrong guy and end up getting badly hurt but if you wait for it to happen, you might find the right person and be genuinely happy. 

There is NOTHING wrong with being single. It's actually perfectly fine to be single and a lot more normal then you think. It's actually fun and once you fully indulge the single life you can have so much fun. If you have watched how to be single then you know doing things on your own really helps. Also spend time with friends and just have a laugh it's fun. When you go out with friends for nights out or anywhere, just go and have fun, don't go looking for a guy or a potential partner, it will get you feeling very low if you do look for one and don't get one and you don't need that. Also like in sex and the city, surround yourself with great friends and make them your family and love them because real and true friends will be by your side all the time.

So pretty much all I am saying live the single life right and have fun. That's what I am planning to do!


Thank you so much for taking the time to read this blog post.

You can follow my social media links here:

Instagram - @_ameliajl
Twitter - @omgamelia07
Youtube - AmeliaOTHLaing
Bloglovin - Follow

You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. Thank you so much for the feed back :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. well I am glad you like it and tell me about it, I definitely was the same so don't you worry I totally understand that but I am definitely glad this post helped you :)

    ReplyDelete